Student Services Associate
Status: Full Time, Ministerial
Location: BISD High School Campus and TTLM Office, Lake Jackson, TX
Compensation: $34,000-$36,000 annually (contingent upon education & experience)
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for an experienced, passionate professional to join our team of high-performers. Our team is diligent, fervent, and relentless in serving the members of our community. The Student Services Associate MUST possess the drive, experience, and education to add value to our organization and duly serve our clients.
As part of a collaboration with Brazosport ISD, TTLM facilitates an on-campus mentoring program called Club Belay for local high school students. “Belay” is a rock climbing term which means “to allow to climb freely” and is well-suited to describe our philosophy in working with students. The Student Services Associate will lead purposeful lunch meetings with high school students by teaching meaningful and relevant lessons, which engage students and help facilitate relationships between students and their mentors. Additionally, the Student Services Associate will recruit and train Student Mentors and manage student/mentor relationships. The Student Services Associate will also aid in the facilitation of Summer Challenge (TTLM’s student summer job training program). The services facilitated by the Student Services Associate provide a catalyst for lasting life-change and transition to successful adulthood. The work hours for this position will vary in accordance with school-year, campus needs, and summer programming. This position requires a one-year commitment, with potential for employment beyond one year contingent on renewal of funding for this position.
The Student Services Associate will collaborate with volunteer mentors, school personnel, and the TTLM Student Services team to build life-skills and create a sense of family and community for high school students through Club Belay.
We are looking for someone who is a gifted facilitator and who is motivated by Gospel-centered compassion. Our next Student Services Associate needs to be a natural communicator who enjoys building relationships of significance and who will find energy in helping students overcome roadblocks to their future.
Should you apply?
- Are you energized by teaching at-risk high school students valuable life-skills?
- Are you moved with compassion for students who are struggling and need a place to belong?
- TTLM’s students commonly face: homelessness, family violence, past trauma, substance abuse, food insecurities, neglect, barriers in education, disrupted family structures, and lack of healthy community. Do you have a desire to invest in students who are experiencing these challenges?
If you answered, “yes” to these questions, review the position responsibilities and requirements below. If you have the passion, experience, and skill-set required to excel in this position, we would love for you to apply!
- Exceptional communication skills
- Positive and not easily deterred
- Engaging and relational
- Ability to effectively relate to teenagers
- Highly organized and efficient
- Energized through collaborative planning and teamwork
- Easy to talk to
- Resourceful and committed to finding solutions for challenges
- Professional yet personable
- Passionate about helping students navigate life-change
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Facilitate and plan Belay
- Effectively promote Belay
- Prepare for all Belay meetings (gather needed supplies and materials, prepare lessons, etc.)
- Recruit and train mentors; manage mentor/student relationships
- Strategically plan emphasis and engagements for students and mentors
- Actively engage in relationships with both students and school faculty and administration
- Maintain accurate records for Belay
- Engage in BISD student programs and events
- Plan and execute Fish Camp at local high school campuses
- Assist with planning and facilitating Summer Challenge, including promotion, menu, lessons, activities, and guest speakers
- Facilitate and plan Belay nights (events for students outside of school)
- Thank and recognize volunteers for their service
- Build relationships with community partners in order to effectively provide all-inclusive social services
- Assist in assignments related to major fundraising campaigns
- Provide support to the Student Services Coordinator and the Director of Client Services as requested
- Remain available to meet additional needs within TTLM
- Be willing to encourage students and volunteers by praying with them, sharing scripture, and communicating the Gospel in a language that makes sense, as a part of off-campus opportunities.
- Remain available for spiritual counseling and prayer with TTLM staff, partners, volunteers, and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, or related field; or comparable combination of education and experience
- Experience working with students
- Comfortable facilitating large group and small group instruction in a formal classroom setting and informal settings
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong work ethic with a “make-it-happen” attitude
- Familiar with relating to generations from diverse cultures
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Genuine and deep love of Christ
- Active member of a local church
- Must feel comfortable verbalizing and sharing the good news of Jesus
- Be in agreement with TTLM’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to work with people in a Godly manner in accordance with TTLM’s Social Contract
- Physical Requirements- Moderate activities, including but not limited to, cleaning, light to heavy lifting, sitting and/or standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity