Student Success Coach
Status: Full Time, Ministerial
Location: BISD High School Campus and TTLM Office, Lake Jackson, TX
Compensation: $34,000-$36,000 annually (contingent upon education & experience)
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for an experienced, passionate professional to join our team of high-performers. Our team is diligent, fervent, and relentless in serving the members of our community. The Student Success Coach MUST possess the drive, experience, and education to add value to our organization and duly serve our clients.
As part of a collaboration with Brazosport ISD, the Student Success Coach provides case management for high school students, and aids in the facilitation of Summer Challenge (TTLM’s student summer job training program) and Belay (TTLM’s on-campus student mentoring program). The services facilitated by the Student Success Coach provide a catalyst for lasting life-change and transition to successful adulthood. The work hours for this position will vary in accordance with school-year, campus needs, and summer programming. This position requires a one-year commitment, with potential for employment beyond one year contingent on renewal of funding for this position.
The Student Success Coach will collaborate with school personnel and community agencies to help individual students address:
- Crisis-related needs
- Academic & attendance improvement
- Tangible needs (i.e. food, clothing, shelter)
- Practical life-skill development
- Post-secondary education and/or employment
- Referral resources for other household members
We are looking for someone who has a proven track-record of facing challenges head-on, and who is motivated by Gospel-centered compassion. Our next Student Success Coach needs to be a natural networker who enjoys finding resources and solutions, and who will find energy in helping students overcome roadblocks to their future.
Should you apply?
- Do you wake up every day with a passionate desire to help students get unstuck?
- Are you the "resourceful" one in your friend group? Meaning, if someone needs to find an answer or a resource, you're the person they ask.
- TTLM’s students commonly face: homelessness, family violence, past trauma, substance abuse, food insecurities, neglect, barriers in education, disrupted family structures, and lack of healthy community. Do you have a desire to invest in students who are experiencing these challenges?
If you answered, “yes” to these questions, review the position responsibilities and requirements below. If you have the passion, experience, and skill-set required to excel in this position, we would love for you to apply!
- Positive and not easily deterred
- Engaging and relational
- Ability to effectively relate to teenagers
- Highly organized and efficient
- Energized through collaborative planning and teamwork
- Easy to talk to
- Resourceful and committed to finding solutions for challenges
- Professional yet personable
- Passionate about helping students navigate life-change
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead intake appointments, assess needs, identify participant focus areas, provide resource referrals, and complete follow-up processes for a diverse population of clients
- Provide holistic case management services to high school students
- Maintain accurate data and files, including detailed records of interactions with students
- Monitor progress of student goal achievement and advocate for help and resources to help them accomplish their goals
- Assist with planning and facilitating Summer Challenge, including promotion, menu, activities, and guest speakers
- Attend and assist with Belay
- Thank and recognize volunteers for their service
- Build relationships with community partners in order to effectively provide all-inclusive social services
- Assist in assignments related to major fundraising campaigns
- Provide support to the Employment and Case Management Coordinator and Student Services Coordinator as requested
- Remain available to meet additional needs within TTLM
- Be willing to encourage students and volunteers by praying with them, sharing scripture, and communicating the Gospel in a language that makes sense, as a part of off-campus opportunities.
- Remain available for spiritual counseling and prayer with TTLM staff, partners, volunteers, and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, or related field
- Experience working with students
- Comfortable facilitating large group and small group instruction in a formal classroom setting and informal settings
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong work ethic with a “make-it-happen” attitude
- Familiar with relating to generations from diverse cultures
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Genuine and deep love of Christ
- Active member of a local church
- Must feel comfortable verbalizing and sharing the good news of Jesus
- Be in agreement with TTLM’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to work with people in a Godly manner in accordance with TTLM’s Social Contract
- Physical Requirements- Moderate activities, including but not limited to, cleaning, light to heavy lifting, sitting and/or standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity